A New You – With Chakra Meditation!
Meditation is traditionally regarded as one of the most potent forms of realizing ones spiritual being, and in the process, one can live a healthy and aware life. Different people adopt different meditation styles, but if theres one universally acceptable mode of meditation, that has to be the Chakra Meditation.
Chakra Meditation ” A Primer
The meditation whose basic aim is to align the movement of all the seven primary Chakras in the body is termed as Chakra Meditation. Our body consists of 7 primary and over 20,000 secondary Chakras. For a better understanding of Chakra Meditation, its important to know what and where are the primary Chakras in the body:
1. Crown Chakra is situated at the top of the head. It is related to the thought element, which governs our wisdom, knowledge, and consciousness.
2. Brow Chakra, also called The Third Eye Chakra, is situated between the brows on the forehead. It is related to the Light element, which governs our perception, interpretation, and visualization.
3. Solar Plexus governing your metabolism, autonomy and conviction is located just above the naval region and related to the element Fire.
4. Heart Chakra governing your general relationships, and feelings of love and compassion is located at the center of the chest and related to the element Air.
5. Power Chakra, also called the Solar Plexus, is situated just above the naval region. It is related to the Fire element, which governs our will power, metabolism, and autonomy.
6. Orange Chakra, also called the Naval or Sacral Chakra, is situated at the center of abdomen. It is related to the Water element, which governs our sexuality and emotions.
7. Crown Chakra located at the top of the head and related to the element thought. It governs consciousness, wisdom, and knowledge.
A concentrated mind working towards the achievement of synchronized movements of these seven Chakras in the body can truly bring incalculable rewards in ones life. The body, mind, and soul would become stress-free and youll emerge as a better-informed human being who can easily see the spiritual side to every materialistic possession in this world. One can also achieve natural healing for bodily and mental ailments just by bringing the seven energy centers in consonance with each other.
Chakra Meditation ” The Process
Chakra Meditation is the sum total of the following three techniques:
1. Grounding Technique, which aims at making the body feel connected with Earth. You just need to visualize a root growing from your body and entering into the Earth. This requires intense focus and mental presence during the act of visualization.
2. Centering Technique. This technique is vital as it prepares your body to receive the benefits of Chakra Meditation. Again, the application of this technique is not too difficult. Just take 4-5 deep breaths and feel every body part from head to toe getting relaxed. This process involves tightening and relaxing each body part from toe, and then visualizing the act of a potter who centers a pot on the pottery wheel.
3. Relaxation Technique, which is the final step in Chakra Meditation. There is no hard and fast rule to relax your body. Everyone has his or her own method of relaxation.
One of the popular methods of Chakra Meditation is detailed below:
a) Sit or lie down in a position that is most comfortable for your body.
b) Close your eyes and loosen your clothing. The idea is to be in a natural state without any kind of artificial compulsion on the body and mind.
c) Take relaxing breaths ” neither too fast nor too slow. Just give up your control on the breath, and let it flow naturally.
d) The next step relates to feeling every part of your body from toe to head in that direction. While your eyes are closed, try to feel everything that you wouldve seen with open eyes, like earth, air, clothes, surroundings etc. The idea is to feel awareness even with closed eyes.
e) You may experience a wave of thoughts, fears, and every kind of emotion during this process. Dont avoid them! This represents the release of stress-related thoughts. With practice and regular exercise, these negative emotions and feelings will disappear.
f) Dont hinder your awareness! Let it flow freely from one part of the body to another.
Do this exercise for any length of time and at any time of the day!