Chakra Meditation Revealed
Meditation is considered as a powerful form of self-realization and self-healing. There are various methods by which you can meditate, but perhaps, the most potent of all is the Chakra Meditation.
Introduction to Chakra Meditation
Quite simply, Chakra Meditation refers to the process of balancing and energizing all the 7 energy centers (Chakras) in order to align the flow of energy through them. These 7 energy centers, or the Chakras, are:
1. Root Chakra governing your general health, prosperity and well being is located at the base of the spine and related to the element ‘Earth’.
2. Orange or Naval or Sacral Chakra located at the center of abdomen and related to the element ‘Water’. It governs our emotions and sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus governing your metabolism, autonomy and conviction is located just above the naval region and related to the element ‘Fire’.
4. Heart Chakra governing your general relationships, and feelings of love and compassion is located at the center of the chest and related to the element ‘Air’.
5. Power Chakra, also called the Solar Plexus, is situated just above the naval region. It is related to the ‘Fire’ element, which governs our will power, metabolism, and autonomy.
6. Brow or The Third Eye Chakra located between the brows on the forehead and related to the element ‘Light’. It governs perception, interpretation, imagination, and clear vision.
7. Crown Chakra located at the top of the head and related to the element ‘thought’. It governs consciousness, wisdom, and knowledge.
A concentrated mind working towards the achievement of synchronized movements of these seven Chakras in the body can truly bring incalculable rewards in one’s life. The body, mind, and soul would become stress-free and you’ll emerge as a better-informed human being who can easily see the spiritual side to every materialistic possession in this world. One can also achieve natural healing for bodily and mental ailments just by bringing the seven energy centers in consonance with each other.
Chakra Meditation – The Process
Chakra Meditation involves three techniques in this order:
1. Grounding Technique refers to the process whereby, your body feels connected with Earth. The visualization involves assuming a root growing from your body and entering into the Earth, thus, transfixing your body to the ground. With some intense focus and determination, you can achieve this state of Chakra Meditation.
2. Centering Technique. This technique is vital as it prepares your body to receive the benefits of Chakra Meditation. Again, the application of this technique is not too difficult. Just take 4-5 deep breaths and feel every body part from head to toe getting relaxed. This process involves tightening and relaxing each body part from toe, and then visualizing the act of a potter who centers a pot on the pottery wheel.
3. Relaxation Technique. The Relaxation Technique is the primary act in the entire Chakra Meditation process. Everyone has his or her own method of relaxation. Just find out your preferred mode of relaxing the body and stick to it. In a nutshell, Chakra Meditation is all about relaxing, visualizing, and directing the flow of energy through the seven energy centers (Chakras).
One of the popular methods of Chakra Meditation is detailed below:
a) Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
b) Loosen all your clothing so that there is no tension on any part of the body, and close your eyes.
c) Breathe in a relaxed manner, which is neither too fast nor too slow. Let the breath come naturally!
d) Feel every part of your body from toe to the crown in that direction. Feel the earth you are lying on or the sofa you are seated on, feel the clothes you are wearing. Feel completely present with yourself and relaxed.
e) You may experience a wave of thoughts, fears, and every kind of emotion during this process. Don’t avoid them! This represents the release of stress-related thoughts. With practice and regular exercise, these negative emotions and feelings will disappear.
f) Don’t hinder your awareness! Let it flow freely from one part of the body to another.
Do this exercise for any length of time and at any time of the day!