Holistic Weight-loss Program – Take Control by Developing a Holistic Weight Loss Program
One of the first questions a Nutritionist, Wellness Coach, or Fitness Trainer usually asks his or her client is: How many weight-loss programs have you tried over the years? Well, lets take that a step further and ask: How many of these weight-loss programs have taken a holistic approach?
To fully understand the impact of a holistic weight-loss program, lets take a deeper look at the word holistic. Holistic means considering all factors in a whole system without dividing components. Weight-loss is a science and like any science it is made up of systems and all systems must be considered as a whole.
Accordingly, holistic weight-loss is the only way we can experience permanent weight management meaning that we will lose weight and keep it off. A holistic weight-loss program focuses on the whole person. If a weight-loss program does not focus on restoring your health, fitness, power, and resolution, it is a temporary and quick-fix to what can become or is a lifelong battle.
Holistic weight-loss is essential for permanent weight management. No one wants to continue on the yo-yo dieting rollercoaster; therefore, one must take control by developing a holistic weight-loss program with the help of a Holistic Nutritionist, Wellness Coach, or Fitness Trainer. And the average run of the mill program will not do. A holistic weight-loss program is vital in order to support your complete success in losing weight.
Again, holistic weight-loss programs consider the whole person–emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually. More often than not when a person gains weight, there is more to the problem than just avoid eating too much junk food. Many times there are food addictions involved, emotional stress, and spiritual disconnection. A holistic weight-loss program allows the client to identify these factors in order to lead the individual on a path to optimal health.
Weight-loss programs which omit addressing the whole person have often resulted in compromising your health. Weight-loss programs that do not consider the whole person are destructive for several reasons:
1. Many people who are overweight, obese, or morbidly obese have underlining issues related to the health of the whole person.
2. These underlining issues may include stress, low self-esteem, a poor self-concept, food addictions, emotional eating…all that must be addressed during the weight-loss process.
3. Studies and case reviews have shown that people who are overweight, obese, or morbidly obese develop a distorted body image even after they have lost weight.
4. Many people view a diet as a temporary and quick way to lose weight and do not understand the importance of holistic nutrition and whole foods.
5. People who join many diet programs with pre-packaged foods or special supplements to suppress the appetite are suffering from malnutrition.
6. Because such programs cause malnutrition, many people can not keep up the diet for the rest of their lives and eventually gain all the weight back and more.
7. Detoxification is important to the weight-loss process because a toxic body is not a healthy body and an unhealthy body will not maintain weight-loss.
8. The body is designed to metabolize whole and natural foods. It is all the additives and processed foods our body cannot recognize.
Truth: You have to exercise.
9. Exercise is a part of fitness. Exercise works to reduce body fat and body size.
10. Exercise can help remove toxins
11. Exercise restores our energy levels and helps us to produce lean muscle. Lean muscle helps us burn more calories and more fat.
Truth: You must get educated about weight loss.
When considering these factors, if losing weight has been a battle for you, you can empower yourself. We can empower ourselves by learning as much as possible about holistic health, nutrition, and how the body works. Knowledge is power. Once we have the knowledge, we know exactly how to develop our own holistic weight-loss program.
By developing our own holistic weight-loss program, we will empower ourselves with knowledge that will allow us know why we are doing what we are doing. We will have a plan that works for us. By developing our own weight-loss program with a holistic approach, we will have a plan based on the science of losing weight. And most importantly, we will have a health and wellness plan we can commit to for our entire lives.