There is a constant clutter and chit chat going on at the back of our mind. It is very important to quieten the mind in order to achieve inner peace and tranquility.
Since, we are responsible for creating these voices, it should be in our control to quiet them or even shut them up completely. While some time it is easy to get rid of this clutter through direct approach i.e. internal dialog, many times it is not so easy.
You have to divert the voice that is bothering you to something else. By doing so you will experience that the intensity of the nagging voice decreases to a great extent. This is where meditation comes to picture. Meditation involves focusing your complete attention on a single point or an area. Besides getting a myriad of health benefits, meditation brings a general feeling of happiness.
While most of the people try meditation at some or the other point of their lives, very few of us are able to sustain this practice for a long term. In order to make meditation an integral part of our lives, it is necessary to get past the initial hurdles and integrate it over the long term.
Practice the below mentioned tips for quietening the mind and you will be able to get past all the hurdles.
* Make meditation a formal practice. Set aside specific time for it and practice it religiously.
* Begin meditation by focussing on your breath. This will relax your muscles, and slow down heart rate thereby allowing you to focus better.
* While meditating frustration may creep upon initially. Let go this frustration simply by focusing on your breath.
* When a meditative state starts taking hold and the mind begins to quieten, take notice of your entire body by beginning from the feet and gradually moving up to all other organs including the internal ones as well.
* Choose a particular room and corner of your house to meditate. Make sure the area is free from all sort of noise and disturbances. Make yourself feel at ease by placing all sorts of objects that create a spiritual ambiance.
* Do not expect instant results, or analyses everyday results. You will experience the greatest benefits of meditation by making it a long-term practice.
* No matter what you experience during meditation, do not stress about it and avoid getting nervous or angry.
* It is always good to practice meditation early in the morning. Moreover, practicing it with a partner can allow you to have wonderful benefits.