Snake-o-Phobia at Pecha Kucha Philly, Sat June 13
You know the old saying, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Well, life has handed me a fear of snakes, and I am making a Pecha Kucha presentation out of my snake-o-phobia at Pecha Kucha Philly 2. Pecha Kucha is an event where people give presentations accompanied by 20 slides, each slide with a 20 second duration. I have created 20 hand-drawn slides to complement my talk.
MANY great people will be presenting. Here is the lineup:
* Morgan F.P. Andrews, Puppet Uprising curator and author (http://puppetuprising.org/): "Jana Sanskriti: Forum Theater in Rural India"
* Matt Coll, Philadelphia Anglers Club (http://philadelphiaanglersclub.com) "Did You Catch That Here? A Brief History of the Schuylkill River Fishery"
* Giulia deProphetis, Master's student in counseling psychology, "Black Bottom: A Neighborhood's Past and Present Via the Eyes of a High School"
* Jonny Goldstein (http://jonnygoldstein.info): "Snake-o-Phobia: Jonny Explores His Fear of Snakes Using Original Illustrations"
* David Kanter, Temple U. assistant professor (http://bioq.temple.edu): "Designing Technological Tools for Learning"
* Thomas H. Keels, local historian: "Rainbow Cities: Philadelphia's Three World's Fairs"
* Alex Mergold and Jason Austin, architects of Austin+Mergold LLC (http://austin-mergold.com): "On Balloonology and Jelly Works"
* Diana Pankevich, Aquarium volunteer diver, "The Characters I Meet...Beneath the Surface."
* Dave Rosen, Igor's Egg band (http://www.myspace.com/igorsegg): "The Ultimate Tuh Album"
* Kevin Werbach, assistant professor, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (http://werbach.com): "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in World of Warcraft"
When and Where:
Sat., June 13, at 7:30 p.m., at Studio 34: Yoga | Healing | Arts (4522 Baltimore Avenue in West Philly, right on SEPTA's Route 34 trolley line). suggested donation.