What Doctors Don’t Tell You:: The Truth about the Dangers of Modern Medicine
Americans have become so accustomed to following doctors’ orders that many prescriptions, medical tests, and surgical procedures are accepted without question. This blind faith can be dangerous Modern medicine offers us a wide range of powerful treatments for ailments large and small. But did you know that some common "cures" come with serious, life-threatening risks, or may do nothing at all? This book contains much more vital information you need to know to take charge of your health–before you see your doctor. Includes information on: cholesterol-lowering medications; high-strength asthma inhalers; steroids; antibiotics; and Ritalin. Some startling facts you should know:
- Some sholesterol-lowering medications can actually increase your chances of dying.
- The rise in asthma deaths may be linked to high-strength inhalers.
- In some cases, it’s safer to do nothing than have surgery for prostate cancer.
- Steroids, now widely prescribed for many minor conditions, can cause immediate, permanent, debilitating damage.
- Bone scans to screen for osteoporosis are imprecise, often inaccurate, and may not signify anything.
- In the overwhelming majority of cases, antibiotics are prescribed for conditions they cannot treat.
- Ritalin, taken by as many as a million American children, has questionable benefits, numerous side effects, and a high potential for addiction or abuse.
- The U.S. Natinoal Institutes of Health estimate that 90% of patients who undergo bypass surgery receive almost no benefits.
- and much more vital information you need to know–before you see your doctor.